10 Best RFID Card Reader for 2023In the rapidly evolving world of technology, RFID card readers have become an essential tool for secure access and identification. With advancements in their capabilities, it is essential to stay updated on the best options available in the market. In this article, we will explore the top 10 RFID card readers for 2023, considering factors such as functionality, durability, and user-friendliness. Whether you are a business owner looking to enhance security measures or an individual seeking a reliable means of access control, our expertly curated list will ensure that you make an informed decision when choosing the best RFID card reader for your needs.
BEST OVERALL: HiLetgo USB RFID ID Card Reader
BEST RATING: Access Control Reader Card Reader
BEST PRICE: WWZMDiB RFID Card Reader
BESTSELLER: SYWAN RFID Reader Copier Writer Duplicator
OUR PICK: Stand Alone Access Control Keypad
Overall Score: 7/10
The HiLetgo 125Khz EM4100 USB RFID ID Card Reader Swipe Card Reader is a convenient and easy-to-use device for reading TK4100 and EM4100 cards and tags. It features a plug-and-play design with a built-in operating buzzer. The reader outputs the first 10 digits of the card for quick and efficient data entry. With a compact size of 110mm x 80mm x 26mm, it is portable and suitable for various travel purposes. The reader comes in a sleek black color and is compatible with Windows XP and older versions. However, newer versions of Windows may not be supported. Overall, this card reader offers reliable performance and convenience for those in need of a simple and affordable RFID reader.
- Can read TK4100, EM4100 Card/Tag
- Size: 110mm x 80mm x 26mm
- Output format: First 10 digits
- Color: Black
- Dimension: 4.33Lx3.15Wx1.02H
- Plug-and-play design
- Convenient and easy-to-use
- Compact and portable
- Affordable price
- Limited compatibility with newer versions of Windows
- May not work with all card types
The HiLetgo 125Khz EM4100 USB RFID ID Card Reader Swipe Card Reader is a reliable and affordable option for those in need of a basic RFID reader. It offers a convenient plug-and-play design and outputs the first 10 digits of the card for efficient data entry. The compact size makes it portable, suitable for travel. However, it is worth noting that compatibility may be limited to older versions of Windows, and it may not work with all card types. Overall, if you are looking for a budget-friendly RFID card reader for simple applications, the HiLetgo 125Khz EM4100 USB RFID ID Card Reader is a solid choice.
Overall Score: 8/10
The BSTUOKEY Access Control Reader Proximity Card Reader is a compact and waterproof card reader designed for access control systems. It has a reading distance of 2-5cm and supports Wiegand 26-Bit and Wiegand 34-Bit Output. This reader is suitable for use with EM-ID cards and needs to be connected to an access control panel or door access controller to function properly. With its IP68 waterproof rating, it can be installed outdoors without worry. The reader features built-in LED lights and a loud speaker for added convenience. It operates on DC 9-12V and has a small and attractive design. Please note that this reader does not have its own user capacity and requires additional components for a complete access control system.
- Wiegand 26/34 RFID Card Reader
- Reading Distance 2-5cm
- EM-ID Card compatible
- Supports Wiegand 26-Bit and Wiegand 34-Bit Output
- IP68 Water Proof
- Built-in LED and Loud Speaker
- Operating Voltage DC 9-12V
- Color: Black
- Dimension: 4.53Lx2.91Wx0.67H
- Size: 11*4.8*2.1cm
- Compact and waterproof design
- Compatible with EM-ID cards
- Easy to install and use
- Suitable for outdoor installation
- Requires additional components for full functionality
- Not compatible with HID, Cobra, APCi K cards
The BSTUOKEY Access Control Reader Proximity Card Reader is a reliable and efficient solution for building access control systems. Its compact size, waterproof rating, and compatibility with EM-ID cards make it a convenient choice. However, it should be noted that it requires the use of an access control panel or door access controller for full functionality. Additionally, it is not compatible with HID, Cobra, and APCiK cards. Overall, if you’re looking for a cost-effective option to enhance your security system, this card reader is worth considering.
Overall Score: 6.5/10
The Alacrity ID RFID Card Reader Writer is a versatile accessory suitable for various access control systems. With its 13.56Mhz IC RFID reader, it can effortlessly read EMID, FDX-A, FDX-B, and other types of proximity cards. This reader provides a keyboard emulation output, eliminating the need for any drivers. It also comes with free software for customizing the output format according to your preferences. Easy to set up, simply connect the reader to your computer via the USB port, and it will enter the self-test and initialization mode. The reader is compatible with a range of operating systems, including Linux, Android, Windows, and MacOS. Please note that while it can read cards effectively, it does not include software for writing functionality, and it does not support 125Khz frequency despite the misleading description.
- 13.56Mhz IC RFID reader, NFC Card reader type EMID, FDX-A, FDX-B, etc.
- Keyboard emulation output, no need any driver.
- Provide free software for changing the output format.
- Connect one end of the data line to the corresponding interface of the computer, and the other end to the communication port of the card reader, the card reader will enter the self-test and initialization with a beep; When the indicator light of the card reader is 'blue', it indicates that the card reader enters the state of waiting for card swiping.
- QW/AZERTY Keyboard Layout Configurable, Work with Linux Android Windows Mac OS.
- Color: USB Port
- Reads multiple card types: EMID, FDX-A, FDX-B, etc.
- No driver required for keyboard emulation output.
- Software provided for output format customization.
- Compatible with various operating systems.
- No included software for card writing functionality.
- Misleading description regarding frequency support.
- Does not support 125Khz as advertised.
The Alacrity ID RFID Card Reader Writer is a reliable option for reading various proximity cards. It offers convenient keyboard emulation output and supports multiple operating systems. The free software allows users to customize the output format effortlessly. However, it falls short in providing software for card writing capability and lacks support for 125Khz frequency despite the misleading product description. If you require a card reader purely for reading purposes and are aware of its limitations, this product can be a suitable choice.
Overall Score: 5/10
The WWZMDiB 125KHZ UBS RFID Card Reader is a driver-free reading ID card reader device that offers convenient plug-and-play functionality. This RFID card reader can be easily connected to a computer through its data interface and reads the serial number in the RFID card, providing automatic keyboard input. It supports various text editing software applications, making it suitable for member management and identification in clubs, campuses, enterprises, and more. With a USB universal serial bus interface for power supply, it is compatible with USB V2.0 and operates at a frequency of 125 KHz. The WWZMDiB offers a compact and user-friendly solution for RFID card reading without the need for external drivers.
- RFID Card reader is a 125k Hz driver-free reading ID card reader device
- Compatible with USB V2.0, full-speed USB device interface
- No external power supply required, powered by USB interface
- Reads the serial number in the RFID card and outputs it to the computer
- Induction distance of 3-8CM, compatible with EM series and TK4001 cards
- Ideal for member management and identification in various settings
- Color: Black
- Convenient plug-and-play functionality
- No need for external drivers
- Wide compatibility with different text editing software
- Compact and user-friendly design
- Suitable for various applications
- Does not work with RFID or NFC software on Windows 10
- Lack of instructions for usage
- Does not work with HID cards
The WWZMDiB 125KHZ UBS RFID Card Reader offers a simple and hassle-free solution for reading ID cards. Its plug-and-play functionality and driver-free operation make it easy to use without any additional software installations. The compatibility with various text editing software applications makes it versatile for different user needs. However, it is important to note that it may not be compatible with certain software on Windows 10 and HID cards. Overall, the WWZMDiB RFID Card Reader is a reliable option for member management and identification purposes in clubs, campuses, enterprises, and more.
Overall Score: 7/10
The RFID Reader 125KHz Reader is a versatile device that is compatible with both 1326 family proximity cards and EM4100 ID cards. With HID USB technology, this RFID reader does not require any drivers for operation, making it convenient to use. The reader supports multiple card formats, including ISO Prox, H10301, H10304, and more. With 40 output formats and configurable settings, it offers flexibility in card reading. It is compatible with various operating systems such as Linux, Android, Windows, and MacOS. The RFID reader is lightweight and user-friendly, making it suitable for various applications. However, some users have reported issues with losing settings and compatibility with certain laptops.
- Reads both 1326 family proximity cards & EM4100 ID cards
- Compatible with HID USB, no driver required
- Supports multiple card formats
- Configurable settings
- Works with Linux, Android, Windows, and Mac OS
- Color: Black
- Versatile compatibility with multiple card formats
- No driver required for operation
- Configurable settings for flexibility
- Works with various operating systems
- Lightweight and user-friendly design
- Can lose settings
- Compatibility issues with some laptops
The RFID Reader 125KHz Reader is a reliable and versatile tool for reading both 1326 family proximity cards and EM4100 ID cards. It offers a wide range of compatibility with different card formats and is easy to use with its HID USB technology. The configurable settings provide flexibility for different card reading needs. However, users should be aware of the occasional issues with losing settings and possible compatibility problems with certain laptops. Overall, this RFID reader is a valuable accessory for those in need of a reliable card reader for various applications.
Overall Score: 7/10
Looking for a reliable card access reader for your access control system? The LBS EM/ID Waterproof Wiegand 26 bit Card Access Reader is your solution. With its 125KHz EM/ID card RFID support and 26/34bit Wiegand card compatibility, this reader is designed to work seamlessly with your access control panel or access controller. Plus, it features 2 color LED indicators (Red and Green) to provide visual feedback. The reader is also waterproof, boasting an IP68 grade, making it suitable for both indoor and outdoor use. With its sleek black design and compact dimensions of 3.23Lx1.69Wx0.63H, this card access reader is not only functional but also aesthetically pleasing.
- Supports 125KHz EM/ID card RFID Card
- Requires access control panel or access controller
- Supports 26/34bit Wiegand card
- Features 2 color LED Indicators (Red and Green)
- IP68 waterproof grade for indoor and outdoor use
- Color: Black
- Dimension: 3.23Lx1.69Wx0.63H
- Reliable card access reader
- Compact and aesthetically pleasing design
- Waterproof for indoor and outdoor use
- Requires access control panel or access controller
- Limited card support frequency
Overall, the LBS EM/ID Waterproof Wiegand 26 bit Card Access Reader is a reliable and visually appealing accessory for your access control system. With its waterproof design and compatibility with 125KHz EM/ID cards and 26/34bit Wiegand cards, it offers convenience and functionality. However, it’s important to note that this reader requires a separate access control panel or access controller to work. If you’re in need of a dependable card access reader for your access control system, this product is worth considering.
Overall Score: 8/10
The Stand Alone Access Control Keypad is a durable and reliable door access control system. Made with a sturdy zinc alloy shell, this keypad is anti-vandal and anti-explosion, ensuring its longevity. It features a LED working light display for easy visibility. With a capacity to support 2000 ordinary users, it allows users to open doors with an RFID card. The keypad can be used as a standalone reader or keypad and offers adjustable relay time. It supports 125Khz EM RFID cards and offers multiple access methods for added security. Additionally, it supports Wiegand 26 input and output, making it compatible with access control board panels. With its sleek silver design, this access control keypad is both functional and aesthetically pleasing.
- Zinc alloy material Shell, Anti-vandal, and Anti-explosion
- LED Working Light Display
- Supports 2000 Ordinary Users Capacity
- Open The Door With RFID Card
- Can be Used as Standalone Reader or Keypad
- Adjustable Door Relay Time
- Supports 125Khz EM RFID Card
- Supports 3 Access Ways: Card, PIN, Card with PIN
- Supports Wiegand 26 Input and Output
- Color: Silver
- Dimension: 1.69Lx0.79Wx3.94H
- Durable and reliable
- Easy to use with full programming from the keypad
- Multiple access methods for added security
- Compatible with access control board panels
- Limited to 125Khz EM RFID cards
The Stand Alone Access Control Keypad is a highly functional and durable door access control system. With its sleek design and multiple access methods, it offers convenience and security. The keypad’s compatibility with access control board panels allows for easy integration into existing systems. The only drawback is its limited compatibility with 125Khz EM RFID cards. Overall, this keypad is a reliable and secure choice for controlling access to doors and gates.
Overall Score: 6.5/10
The Rfid ID Card Reader Copier, IcopyX100 is a versatile and portable handheld RFID reader that is perfect for door access control. It supports various types of RFID cards including IC, MF1, S50, ID, TK4100, EM4100, HID26, HID35, HID37, and more. The package includes 10 RFID cards, 10 key fob tags, manual, type-c data cable, and Type-C OTG adapter. With independent NFC function, it allows mobile phones and other devices to simulate encrypted IC cards. The reader is easy to carry and operate with its compact size. It is suitable for various applications such as home, school, office, factory, and shopping mall security entry.
- Supports various types of RFID cards
- Package includes RFID cards and key fob tags
- Independent NFC function for mobile phones
- Handheld and portable design
- Wide applications for door access control
- Supports a wide range of RFID cards
- Complete package with RFID cards and key fob tags
- Allows mobile phones to simulate IC cards
- Portable and convenient size
- Suitable for various security entry applications
- Some users find it difficult to understand and use
- Issues with writing onto included fobs/cards
The Rfid ID Card Reader Copier, IcopyX100 is a handy tool for door access control with its support for different RFID cards and independent NFC function. While some users may find it challenging to understand and use, it offers convenience and portability for outdoor use. Additionally, the package includes RFID cards and key fob tags, making it a complete solution for your needs. However, there have been some reported issues with writing onto the included fobs/cards. Overall, if you are looking for a versatile and portable RFID reader, the IcopyX100 is worth considering.
Overall Score: 7/10
The RFID Card Reader 13.56MHz Mifare Reader/Writer is a versatile and highly functional accessory for travel and everyday use. With the ability to work as both a Mifare Card UID Reader and a Mifare Card Programmer, this device offers convenience and flexibility. It supports USB 2.0 communication and has three working modes, easily switched with a config card. The reader is compatible with various Mifare cards, including Mifare Classic, UltraLight, Mifare Plus, Mifare Desfire, and Mifare N-TAG. It can be configured to simulate USB keyboard input or USB 2.0 output formats. The reader supports multiple operating systems and is compatible with Android, Linux, Windows, and iOS with an OTG adapter. It comes with five Mifare cards and has a compact and portable design. The orange-colored device measures 4.92Lx3.35Wx1.38H inches. Overall, the RFID Card Reader 13.56MHz Mifare Reader/Writer is a reliable and versatile travel accessory.
- Mifare card WRITER/Mifare Card UID READER simulate keyboard input/Mifare Card UID READER USB 2.0 communication
- Mifare card READER mode reads UID of 14443A Mifare card
- Supports Android, Linux, Windows, and i OS (OTG adapter required for Android)
- Mifare card WRITER mode for programming Mifare Classic 1K/4K cards
- Supports 2nd development with own program, debug demo programmer available
- Color: Orange
- Dimension: 4.92Lx3.35Wx1.38H
- Versatile functionality as both reader and writer
- Supports various Mifare card types
- Compatible with multiple operating systems
- Compact and portable design
- Comes with five Mifare cards
- Limited programming software compatibility
- Config card may be missing from package
- Short cord length
- Fragile plastic enclosure
The RFID Card Reader 13.56MHz Mifare Reader/Writer is a versatile travel accessory that offers convenience and flexibility. With its ability to function as both a Mifare Card UID Reader and a Mifare Card Programmer, it caters to various needs. The reader is compatible with different Mifare card types and supports multiple operating systems. It has a compact and portable design, making it easy to carry while traveling. The device comes with five Mifare cards, adding further value to the package. However, users should note the limitations of the programming software and the possibility of a missing config card. Overall, the RFID Card Reader 13.56MHz Mifare Reader/Writer is a reliable and practical choice for travelers and individuals looking for a versatile RFID reader.
Overall Score: 7.5/10
The SYWAN English 10 Frequency NFC RFID Reader Copier Writer Duplicator is a handy device for cracking encryption cards and duplicating various ID cards. It comes with decoding software and supports 10 frequencies, making it versatile for different card types. The machine requires connection to a Windows computer and is not compatible with MAC or Linux systems. Despite some limitations and lack of clear instructions, users have reported success in duplicating fobs and cards with this device. It is important to note that the device does not support fully-encrypted cards and may have difficulty reading or writing alpha characters. Overall, the SYWAN RFID Reader Copier Writer Duplicator offers a cost-effective solution for duplicating ID cards, but may require some effort to get optimal results.
- Cracks 13.56m Hz encryption cards
- Supports 10 frequencies
- Comes with decoding software
- Requires connection to a Windows computer
- Color: Red
- Versatile compatibility with different card types
- Cost-effective alternative to expensive fob replacements
- Success in duplicating fobs and cards reported by users
- Limited instructions and compatibility with certain systems
- Inability to read or write alpha characters
- Beeping noise and battery issues
The SYWAN English 10 Frequency NFC RFID Reader Copier Writer Duplicator is a useful tool for duplicating ID cards and cracking encryption cards. While it may have some limitations and require patience to understand its operation, users have found success in duplicating fobs and cards for various purposes. Its versatility in supporting multiple frequencies and its cost-effectiveness compared to expensive fob replacements make it an attractive option for those requiring card duplication. However, potential buyers should be aware of the device’s compatibility issues with certain systems and the inability to handle alpha characters. Overall, this device offers a practical solution for duplicating ID cards with some minor drawbacks to consider.
RFID Card Reader Buyer's GuideWhether you're looking to upgrade your security system or simply explore new technological solutions, finding the right RFID card reader can be a game-changer. To help you make an informed decision, we have prepared a comprehensive buyer's guide. From understanding the basics to evaluating key features, this guide will empower you to find the perfect RFID card reader that suits your needs.
- RFID Technology: Determine the type of RFID technology the card reader supports, such as Low-frequency (LF), High-frequency (HF), or Ultra-high-frequency (UHF). Consider the technology compatibility with your existing system and the range required for your application.
- Read Range: Assess the reader's maximum read range, which indicates the distance between the RFID card and the reader for successful communication. It is crucial to consider your proximity requirements to ensure optimal functionality.
- Multi-Card Reading: Determine if the reader can handle multiple RFID cards simultaneously or if it only supports single-card reading. This feature is particularly useful for access control systems where efficiency and speed are paramount.
- Connectivity Options: Consider the connectivity options provided by the RFID card reader. Look for features like USB, Ethernet, or wireless connectivity (e.g., Bluetooth or Wi-Fi) based on your system requirements and ease of installation.
- Software Integration: Check if the card reader is compatible with the software you plan to use for data management and analysis. Seamless integration ensures a smooth experience and enhances the reader's functionality.
- Additional Features: Look for additional features that may enhance the user experience or align with specific needs. This could include features like tamper-proof design, anti-collision detection, LED indicators, audio notifications, or even customization options.
Types of RFID Card ReadersThere are various types of RFID card readers available, each with different functionalities and use cases. Here are some common types to consider:
- Fixed RFID Card Readers: These readers are permanently mounted to a specific location, making them suitable for applications like access control systems, automated gates, or point-of-sale (POS) terminals.
- Handheld RFID Card Readers: Portable and convenient, handheld readers are ideal for inventory management, asset tracking, and mobile point-of-sale operations. They offer flexibility, allowing you to bring the reader to the tagged items.
- Desktop RFID Card Readers: Designed for office environments, these readers are usually connected to a computer. They are commonly used for applications like employee attendance tracking and document management.
Frequently Asked Questions about 10 Best RFID Card Reader for 2023
It depends on the RFID technology supported by the reader. Different RFID cards operate at different frequencies, so ensure compatibility between the reader and the cards you intend to use.
The read range varies depending on the reader. Some have short ranges (a few centimeters) for increased security, while others have longer ranges (several meters) for applications that require hands-free access.
Some RFID card readers have the capability to read multiple cards at once, also known as anti-collision. This feature is useful when dealing with a large number of cards simultaneously, reducing processing time.
Yes, RFID card readers can often be integrated into existing security systems. However, compatibility should be verified beforehand to ensure seamless integration and functionality.
Apart from the basic functionality, you may want to consider additional features such as built-in tamper detection, weather resistance for outdoor applications, or the ability to customize card formats.
Typically, RFID card readers are hardware devices and may not include specific software. However, many manufacturers provide software development kits (SDKs) or recommend compatible software for efficient data management.
The read range is predetermined by the reader’s hardware capabilities. While it is not straightforward to change the range, you may be able to adjust it to some extent using antennas or power settings.
RFID card readers operate within a limited range and require proximity to read cards. As long as the cards are properly protected and access to the reader is restricted, privacy concerns can be effectively mitigated.
Cloning or duplicating cards using an RFID card reader requires specialized equipment and knowledge. Ordinary RFID card readers do not have this capability, ensuring the security of the technology.
RFID card readers can track people or objects within the read range, but they have limitations. For extended tracking or precise location data, additional infrastructure like RFID portals or real-time locating systems (RTLS) may be required.